NCL MINE SURVEYOR EXAM-2022 SYLLABUS & EXAM PATTERN
NORTHERN COALFIELD LTD MINE SURVEYOR EXAM 2022 EXAM SYLLABUS & EXAM PATTERN
Computer Based Online Test (CBT) will be conducted separately for each post. The CBT will be of
100 Marks for 90 minutes duration (in one sitting), consisting of two sections (Section - ‘A’ & Section - ‘B’)
(1-70 questions, MCQ of one mark each)-70 Marks
1. Linear Measurement: Instruments for measuring distance ranging; chain surveying; errors in
Chaining and plotting; Optical Square.
2. EDM: Principles of measurement; types; correction and selection of instruments.
3. Angular Measurement: Prismatic Compass; bearing of lines; Local Attraction; Magnetic Declination.
4. Plan Table Surveying: Methods Contouring using plain table and micro-optic alidade.
5. Miners’ dials and other compass instruments: dialing; loose and fast needle surveying.
6. Theodolite: Modern Micro-Optic theodolite; Measurement of Horizontal and vertical angles;
theodolite traversing; traverse calculation; computation of co-ordinates; adjustment of traverse;
temporary and permanent adjustment.
7. Total Stations; Surveying by total stations, errors, adjustments, and applications.
8. Levelling: levelling Instrument; types of levelling; booking and reduction methods; temporary and
permanent adjustment of levels; geometrical, trigonometric and physical levelling; characteristics and
uses of contours; method of contouring; traverse; co- ordinates and levelling problems.
10. Controlled surveys: Triangulation; Trilateration; application of GPS and total station in mine
11. Use, Care, Testing and adjustments of instruments.
12. Field astronomy: Astronomical terms; determination of true bearing by equal altitude method;Gyro
Theodolite; Principles and determination of Gyro north, astronomical
Triangle; conversion of time systems and precise determination of azimuth by astronomical methods.
13. National Grid: Map Projections Cassini Lambert’s polyconic and universal transfers Mercator;
Transformation of Coordinates, vertical projections; mine models.
14. Geodesy: Geode, Spheroid and ellipsoid, geo centric, geodetic and astronomical coordinates
orthometric and dynamic heights.
15. Photogrammetry: Introduction; Scale of a vertical photograph; Photographs Vs Maps; Application of
Photogrammetry and remote sensing in Mining.
16. Theory of errors and adjustments: Causes and Classification of errors; Inclines of precision; laws of
weight propagation and adjustments of errors; adjustments of triangulation figures.
17. Traversing along steep topography with or without auxiliary telescope. Traversing along steep
topography with or without auxiliary telescope.
18. Area and volume calculation; different methods and their limitations: earth work and building
estimation; laying out of rain and haul road curves; determination of azimuth latitude and longitude.
19. Borehole surveying and calculations, dip, strike, outcrop and fault problems.
20. Types of plans for opencast workings, their preparation, care, storage and preservation: Legislation
concerning mine plans and sections; duties and responsibilities of surveyors.
21. Geological map reading.
22. Application of Computers in mine surveying and preparation of mine plan, 3D laser profiling of
surfaces and bench/ slopes.
23. Profiling of benches, high wall, dumps.
24. Dump/High wall stability monitoring using different instruments like laser scanner/continuous real
Etc. as per the courses offered by the Recognized Institutes.
(1-30 questions, MCQ of one mark each)-30 Marks
This section is common for all Posts, will carry 30 questions belonging to:-
1. General Knowledge -About India and its international relations, General Science etc.
2. General Awareness - About Sports, Defense, Books, Prizes, About Indian democracy etc.
3. Reasoning, Verbal & Mental Ability - Synonym & Antonym (Hindi/English), Grammar, Relationship etc.
4. Quantitative aptitude - Work relationship, Profit &Loss, Speed etc.EXAM PATTERN
of candidates in merit panel will be subjected to securing of cut-off
marks (Minimum Qualifying marks)in the Computer Based Online Test for
concerned post with respect to their
category as mentioned below and fulfilling prescribed eligibility criteria: